What Are They?
PDO Threads are another method of tightening and thickening your skin.
A minimally invasive procedure where the threads are inserted into the sub dermal level to promote the creation of new collagen. The threads activate collagen synthesis which produces a gradual skin thickening, skin tightening and rejuvenation effect.
PDO threads are made from Polydioxanone – an absorbable polymer.
The threads become a support structure for your face / body, allowing collagen
production to increase. Overtime, the threads are absorbed by the body.
How do PDO threads tighten the skin?
They induce natural collagen production, which creates a tightening effect. This effect lasts for 6-12 months. Results may be seen in 8 – 10 weeks and will continue to improve over 2 to 6 months. While the threads slowly dissolve, their effects may last up to 12 months.
How long until I see results?
You will begin to see results within 8 weeks of your treatment. These results will
continue to improve over the next 2–6 months as new collagen is produced.
How long do the results last?
PDO threads help to create new collagen that supports your face and creates a
tightening effect that lasts 6–12 months after your treatment. The results vary
depending on lifestyle factors such as smoking, alcohol, exercise etc. It is
recommended to have another treatment 6 months after the initial treatment to
maintain the tightening effects.
Does the procedure hurt?
Topical anaesthetic will be applied before the treatment, so you experience minimal discomfort during the procedure. You may experience a firm feeling and some tenderness in the area that has been treated for a few days after the procedure.
How long does the PDO thread treatment take?
Treatment time varies dependant on the size of the area being treated, but will
typically take anywhere between 30–60 minutes.
What is the downtime for this procedure?
A PDO Thread treatment may produce swelling and bruising in the area that has been treated, which will subside after a few days.
What areas can Matrix PDO Threads be used to treat?
The threads can be used to treat the following areas:
- Upper and lower cheeks
- Forehead and brows
- Neck and jawline
- Nose to mouth lines
- Marionette lines
Pre Treatment Considerations
- Avoid Alcohol and smoking.
- Schedule procedure at least one week prior to a special occasion or event.
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatory medication (consult Doctor prior, if necessary).
- Avoid treatment if you have active infections in the treatment area.
- Please do not apply oil-based moisturiser or makeup for the next 24 hours. After that, apply your makeup gently for five days.
- When applying makeup, do not use brushes/ sponges for two days due to cleanliness of the brush/ sponge.
- Avoid facial contact with animals or their coats for one week to ensure cleanliness.
- Ice may be applied to soothe area of treatment.
- Bruising is to be expected, but can be variable from minimal to severe.
- Hirudoid or Arnica Cream can be used to assist in resolution.
- Please sleep on your back and elevate your head for the first three nights.
- Please do not have any facials or face massages for three weeks.
- There may be mild tenderness in the treated area for approximately one week.
- If you experience a ‘ping’ sensation where the threads have been placed, massage for 2–3 seconds.
- Avoid strenuous contact sports for three weeks.
- Avoid exaggerated facial movements like chewing, talking or yawning for three weeks. You may move your face in a normal fashion.
- No dental surgery for four weeks.
- Avoid saunas or heat treatments for three weeks.
- Do not have heat treatments (RF / Laser) in the area of the threads for three months.
- Results can be expected in 8–12 weeks.
How much does the PDO Threads treatment cost?
Pricing varies from $450 - $1500 depending on the size of the area treated and the number of threads used.
A more accurate costing can be made at time of consultation.