IPL Rejuvenation (Vascular & Pigmentation)
Venus Versas’ powerful and virtually pain-free Intense Pulsed Light treatment effectively targets pigment under the skin's surface to reduce the appearance of discolouration.
The treatment reduces visible signs of premature ageing, such as fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, brown spots, visible veins and discolouration.
- Helps improve signs of premature ageing – fine lines, discolouration, loss of radiance
- Helps reduce pore size and refine the skin’s texture
- Helps diminish diffused redness caused by broken capillaries and rosacea
- Brightens skin tone by fading freckles and sunspots
- Addresses hyperpigmentation
- Removes cherry angiomas
There is no downtime after IPL rejuvenation.
You can return to your daily schedule immediately after your treatment. The area treated may be slightly red depending on your skin type.
- Avoid tanning for at least 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after your treatment
- Apply SPF50+ daily
- Avoid hot baths, massages, or any treatment that requires direct contact with the skin for the first 2 days after your treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does IPL Rejuvenation work?
Intense Pulse Light or IPL uses light-based technology to help treat the appearance of sun-damaged skin, fade dark spots, freckles, hyperpigmentation, acne scars, reduce large pores and diffuse redness caused by broken capillaries or Rosacea.
IPL rejuvenation works by delivering Intense Pulsed Light which effectively targets pigment under the skin's surface to reduce the appearance of discolouration such as sunspots or ‘brown spots’. The treatment also works on vascular marks (distended blood vessels often caused by UV exposure), such as spider veins and port wine stains.
The body’s natural processes then remove the injured tissue, improving the overall look and tone of the skin, while boosting skin firmness and elasticity, resulting in a more youthful appearance.
Who is the treatment not suitable for?
For safety reasons, you may not be able to get this treatment if you have/are:
- Active inflammation and/or infection in the treatment area
- Taking blood thinners
- An internal defibrillator/pacemaker
- Pregnant or are undergoing an IVF procedure
- Skin & heat-related autoimmune diseases
How many treatments will I need?
You will see a difference after just one session of IPL rejuvenation. However, to get the best results a course of 3–6 treatments is advised at 3-4 week intervals