Dermal Fillers Perth
For a natural, younger-looking appearance choose tWR for your dermal fillers in Perth
Dermal fillers are used for facial aesthetic treatments and are injected into the skin. They are designed to effectively reduce the appearance of unwanted wrinkles, contour and create volume, and revitalise the skin.
Dermal fillers are a soft injectable gel consisting of stabilized, non-animal hyaluronic acid. The gel is tissue-friendly and closely resembles the hyaluronic acid that exists naturally in the body. It is long-lasting but not permanent.
Dermal fillers can be used for a range of cosmetic reasons. Some of our most popular areas for treatment include the facial cheeks, jawline, chin, tear trough fillers and lip fillers our Perth clients absolutely love! See below for more areas that we commonly treat with dermal fillers in Perth.
Dermal fillers work by
- Adding volume to the skin
- Instantly diminishing the appearance of lines and wrinkles providing a natural, softer, more youthful look.
How long does the treatment take?
For first-time visitors to tWR, an initial consultation is conducted and a long-term treatment plan is discussed initially to ensure your expectations are realistic and achievable. Once the treatment plan is agreed upon the actual treatment can take approx. 30-45 mins with minimal downtime.
How long does the treatment last?
The result of a single treatment can be seen instantly and can last for around 6 to 9 months.
Dermal filler injections can give a natural-looking result that does not affect facial expression.
- Jawline & chin
- Nasolabial folds (nose to mouth lines)
- Marionette Lines (downturn mouth)
- Tear trough fillers
Are there any risks?
The risk of unintentional injection into a blood vessel is small but can occur and could result in serious complications, which may be permanent including, vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring of the skin.
- As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
- Inform your clinician if you’re taking medications that lower your body’s immune response or affect bleeding, such as aspirin or warfarin, as these medications may increase the risk of bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
Who is not suitable for treatment?
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid treatments as there is not sufficient clinical data to support safe treatment in this group
- Do not use if you have severe allergies with a history of severe reactions (anaphylaxis), are allergic to lidocaine or gram-positive bacterial proteins used to make hyaluronic acid, prone to bleeding, or have a bleeding disorder
- Inform your clinician if you have a history of scarring or pigmentation disorders as these side effects can occur with hyaluronic acid fillers.
- Inform your clinician if you are planning other cosmetic treatments (i.e., lasers and chemical peels) as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the injection site.
More common side effects
- Lump formation
- Itching at the injection site
Uncommon side effects (rare)
- Serious but rare side effects include delayed onset infections
- Recurrence of herpetic eruptions
- Superficial necrosis at the injection site.
Do I need to prepare in advance?
As with any injectable treatments, it is advisable to avoid the following before your dermal fillers in Perth
- Aspirin, ibuprofen and naproxen 10-14 days prior to treatment to minimize the risk of bruising.
- Some vitamin and herbal supplements can also have a blood thinning effect and should be avoided include: ginkgo, garlic, fish oil and vitamin E.
- Alcohol consumption can increase the risk of bruising and should be avoided 2 days prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores, be sure to notify your provider prior to your appointment and he or she will prescribe a medication to take the night before that will reduce the likelihood of a breakout.
Is there any aftercare or downtime?
- Patients can generally leave the clinic and return to work and or other activities almost immediately.
- It is advised to avoid excessive exercise immediately after treatment. You may resume your normal exercise routine the following day.
- After the treatment you will receive post-treatment guidelines. It is normal to experience some post-treatment discomfort, such as redness, swelling, pain, itching, bruising or tenderness at the treatment site.
- These side effects generally disappear within a few days or up to two weeks after injection.
- Following treatment, there is sometimes a need for a touch-up treatment to achieve an optimal result.
How much does the treatment cost?
Please see pricelist list for various packages offered, as well as individual pricing for dermal fillers in Perth’s tWR clinic.