Fat Dissolver - Double Chin
If you're concerned about your double chin, why not enquire about our non-surgical Chin Sculpting treatment? This treatment reduces fat under the chin and contours the neck and jawline via a series of clinically proven, fat-dissolving injections. By injecting the area with a compound that naturally occurs in the body to aid the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat.
When injected under the chin, the compound works as a double chin treatment, breaking down fat cells which the body then absorbs and eliminates
This treatment is only recommended for the submental fat pocket (double chin) area.
Results begin to show from 4-6 weeks post treatment. Results are permanent. Once the fat cells have been destroyed they cannot store fat again.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does double chin fat dissolving work?
Double chin fat dissolving uses a substance that is similar to bile acid, found naturally in the body to helps absorb fats in food. This substance is injected into the fat in the double chin area and permanently destroys the fat cells by a process known as adipocytolysis.
How long does the treatment take?
Generally, an initial appointment will take 45 min. This includes a comprehensive consultation with one of our aesthetic nurses and treatment.
Does the treatment hurt?
The treatment is very quick. The injections may sting a little however most people tolerate the treatment well. We can use topical anaesthesia and/or ice if needed.
Are there any side effects of the treatment?
The injection may sting for a short while, and will generally cause some temporary localised reactions. While every precaution will be taken to prevent any complication, they can and sometimes do occur.
What are the potential complications?
- Localised pain, redness and swelling at the injection site (swelling is an essential part of this treatment) lasting 4-7 days
- Skin tightness and/ or tingling sensation at the injection site
- Localised numbness (lasting up to 4 weeks)
- Referred pain during treatment injections
Who is not suitable for double chin fat dissolving?
- People who are pregnant, breastfeeding or trying for a baby (including IVF)
- If you have no submental fat
- If you have a lot of loose skin under the chin
- If you have an active infection of the skin under the chin